Monday, December 3, 2012

Angels in the House

Greetings!!  We've been crazy busy Thriving, teaching and getting ready for the holidays.   After Thanksgiving we had a visit with Dr. Nanavati and I have a clean bill of health. We taught a Wise Earth Ayurveda Grinding class which went really well.The smell and sound of grinding spices will awaken your spirit.   We will be holding a Chapti class after the holidays.

 I had been dealing with some strange feeling, as we go further into the holiday season.  Sensory memories from last year that can be pretty dark, at times.  Knowing that this was yet another process for me to explore I dropped down in, and wallowed in the puddle. 
While I floated on my back in the mud I discovered that I needed to feel all that the dark/shadow had to show me.  The next part of the process was  acknowledging the pain and suffering that I had  experienced last year. Acknowledgment allowed me to accept and release a lot of pent up energy. I had many freaky, scary, painful moments.  Many I don't actually remember - I only have the sense of them. These sensory memories were being triggered by holiday music, television shows, baking smells - you get it. I needed to spend a little time looking at all that crap and redecorate a little.   Needless to say - I'm out of the puddle and completely dried off - the twinkle-lights are flashing.     

I also had the help of some amazing Angel energy.  We had the chance to invite them into our home last week, and it's been amazing!!   The light that has infused in our systems and home feels wonderful. I feel like my heart has grown (like the Grinch - even though I'm nicer) 3 sizes bigger!!  I'm actively working to remove all shadows and illusions allowing me to live, play, love and work in the LIGHT!!

Time to get happy for the holidays. Living and eating healthy should always make your taste buds tingle.  No tingle - No Happiness.  In order for me to be able to thrive and live to the fullest, I've found I need to tweek all my favorite "go to" recipes.  If my taste buds and texture buds are happy - I'm good to go! We have been working with Almond flour and having great success.  This is a delicious way to have a treat without any grains at all.  No grains - No reaction!! No Inflammation!!  Happy Digestion!!  ****Happy Dance!!**** This takes you a little further into the Gluten Free arena.   Below is a fantastic Grain Free - Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (my fav!!)

Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cup Blanched Almond Four
1/4 tea baking soda
1/4 tea sea salt
2 Tab Coconut oil softened
1/2 tea vanilla
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 egg
1/2 cup chocolate chips/chunks
Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.  In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients.
Mix wet and dry stuff together until blended.  Add chocolate chips/chunks
Use a tablespoon to drop onto parchment paper or a Silpat.  Bake at 350 for 10 min - rotate pan half way through.  
Let cook for 3-5 min then move to a cooling rack. 
Store in a container should last several days - or put in freezer.
I use the freezer method - they last longer if they're not in the cookie jar on the counter).

I'll pass along kitchen gems as I find them.  We're always experimenting -I dabble with the spice and savory, while Brian and Mikhail deal with the baking department.
Peace and Chocolate Kisses
Namaste`
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment