Monday, April 1, 2013

Thriving with the Family for Easter!

Roasting Marshmallows!
Happy Easter!  Happy Spring!  I've been busy hanging with the Family.  Good Friday we spent with my niece and nephews.  In the hope of manifesting warm weather we started a fire and roasted marshmallows! Ok - it was a bit of a stretch and threatened to be a mess (gloves and marshmallows don't mix), but we still had fun.  I think the weather warmed for just a second.  We had an abundance of geese and ducks flying back into the valley.  That is one sure sign that Mother-Nature has turned the weather dial.  The seasonal shifts have started to ripple - you can feel and smell it in the air. 


Sunday we gathered at my brother Matt's (Creekside Meadow Farm).  Tricia had one of her huge roast beasts - a monster of a Turkey that barely fit in the oven. It looked and smelled wonderful.  Everyone brought food to share.  
Tricia carving the Turkey
 We sat around the table for hours catching up on all the things that we do each day.  We all have different kinds of stress in our worlds and we've all found different unique ways of coping.  Getting together gives us a chance to trade stories and tips for dealing with whatever life plops in our way.  All the babies have grown and we're faced with the challenges of young adulthood.  We have all found ways to Thrive and support our kids and maintain a small amount of sanity.  LOL - who am I kidding we're all nuts and enjoy every moment.
Teenage Manly dash for food!

Maple Syrup magic!
 This is a tough time of year for most - including me!  I have to work a little harder to stay in a place of peace.  My body has given me my latest challenge.  My hips and low back went out. I don't know how that happened. (Seriously - blink blink!)  Well.....I was sort of practice rowing with a twenty pound weight(practicing paddle boarding for this summer), and hanging from the ceiling by my hips(stretching my spine), and doing way to  many of Dr. Stones Polarity squats.  I was testing the waters - I don't know my limitations.  I have really good days and I tend to overdue.  Sounds like there are some lessons here for me to look at.  I'm getting tired of this pattern and I'm ready to get off the ride.  Receiving this gift of discomfort and pain has brought my focus on how I need to treat and honor my new body.  My healing has been focused internally - it's time to look at my structure - in all areas.  The structure of my house, home, business, and my literal bone structure.  There aren't any quick answers for this one - I'll need time and a re-evaluation on how I move through my world.  So.....that means I'll start with changing the way I do my daily yoga (Lola doesn't like many of the traditional asanas).  Brian is going to help me with a weight routine to help strengthen my bones, and I'll be walking more.  Now that the snow is gone I need to get some miles under these legs of mine. 
Family Feasting!

I am on the hunt for a good dose of harmony and strength!  I have moments when I feel discouraged by the constant challenges that surface.  Then I remember that, I chose this life.  If I want to truly live my dharma and my karma, I must experience with complete awareness each phase of my healing process. Awareness - hmmm - what does that feel like.  I'll tell you what it feels like - a pumpkin up side the head- SPLAT!!  

Time for me to surrender and allow these new changes and feeling to wash over me. Ok, Thrivers (you know who you are) stop fighting yourself.  The change, growth, and energy around you will shift with ease, if you allow it to wash over you like a spring rain shower. 
Think of it as embracing your world with infinite love - after all that's what life is truly all about.
For those wishing to follow our adventures through life you can click the "g+" symbol to join my Google circle, post your email below or friend me on Facebook at Polarity Center of Syracuse!  We love to hear from you!

Blessing to All!
Warm Spring Kisses!
Namaste`
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment