Monday, March 4, 2013

Graduation Day!

Graduates plus baby!
Naomi & Judy
Judy and I are proud to announce the graduation of our Associate Polarity Therapy students - Catherine Keefe-Shafer, Paula Brillo, Linda Hjortshoj, Midge Regier and Margot Dengle -  These ladies have worked intensely together to complete their Polarity process.  All of these fantastic women shlogged through their studies while holding down full time jobs and caring for their families!   They have just entered a path that will have them learning, teaching and caring for others - this is a Bonus Day that goes on and on forever!!  Being a Polarity Therapist is such a joy and challenge for Judy and I, and we're just thrilled to have been blessed with such beautiful, sensitive, talented energetic women.  Thanks you ladies for the gift of watching you grow! (kiss kiss)
                           
We also want to send a special thanks to Renee Lobdell (one of our previous students) for assisting us through out this process.  She has been an energetic bubble and a true support for all of us.  She also blessed each of our classes with the most deeelish gluten-free cookies and goodies.  We thank you and our taste buds thank
2012-13 APP students
Renee our helper/cookie supplier


 Our Polarity baby was here with her Mommy.  I wonder how much Polarity she has learned through osmosis while in her Mothers tummy?  She's my youngest student yet.  Maybe one day when she's all grown up I'll get the chance to have her as one of my students.  Maybe I'll get the chance to complete the circle. 

Feasting!!
 I was a bit busy this weekend and in my "dashing about" I forgot to take pictures (good pictures) of the dishes that we feasted upon.  Instead today we're going to look at making Pickled Sushi Ginger.  In Ayurveda a slice of ginger with a little salt is taken to increase your digestive fire (Agni).  Now, most of us only think of ginger when we eat Sushi - get over that one my friends.  I'll put ginger on my plate with almost every meal. (Oh who am I kidding - I'll eat it straight out of the jar - I love the stuff) This is easy to make and really pure (no food dye).

Pickled Sushi Ginger

1/2 lb Fresh Ginger
1 Tab Salt
1 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
1/4 cup Cane Juice sugar

Scrape of skin  and peel Ginger really thin  (use a Mandolin or I use a potato peeler)
Rub Ginger with salt until it feels grainy 
Cover and place in Fridge for several hours or overnight
Squeeze out excess liquid and blot dry
Put Ginger in clean jar
Simmer vinegar and sugar until sugar has dissolved
Pour over Ginger - cool and seal 
Allow to cure for 3 days
**It mellows with time but can be eaten sooner - Me? I eat it the same day! I don't wait well!!
Yummy - Enjoy!!

Blessing to all!
Spicy Ginger Kisses!
Namaste`
Naomi
syracusepolarity.com 









No comments:

Post a Comment