Monday, July 22, 2013

Healing Completion!

Goodbye Hematology Oncology!!

Friday was a day for celebration - I completed my LAST VITAMIN C INFUSION!!  I feel like I'm closing the door on this chapter of my life.  Thriving for me means moving forward, and being tethered to my IV pole did not feel like freedom.  Ordinarily treatments last for six months - I chose to receive my infusions for a longer period of time.  I went for a full year.  I could have continued but I had reached a point where I felt intuitively that I was done - finished - complete. I've completed this cycle of health - to sickness - and back to health again. I have been able to witness my own Polarity Process.  Now I will witness and participate in the Polarity Process of a life of balance. It is also time for me to leave Hematology Oncology.  I don't need them anymore and returning to a place of illness and unpleasant memories was getting in the way of my stride.  I've done my time.....now get out of my way "Lola" and I have things to do!!

Health is not merely of the body.  It is the natural expression of the body, mind and soul when they are in rhythm with the One Life.  True Health is the harmony of life within us, consisting of peace of mind, happiness and well-being.  It is not merely a question of physical fitness, but is rather a result of the soul finding free expression through the mind and body of that individual.  Such a person radiates peace and happiness and everyone in his presence automatically feels happy and contented ~ Dr. Randolph Stone father of Polarity Therapy

Brian
I will be maintaining my supplemental routine, Yoga practice, Energy exercises and Rebounder work as a way to maintain balance. I will keep the Vitamin C in my system high by taking 4,000 mg daily - with an increase if my immune system needs a boost.  Needless to say my days are very full.  Brian keeps tabs on me and is my voice of reason (if I listen).  He is in charge of our morning juices.  He likes to create intense green beverages that some mornings shock my system awake.  The berry season has come to an end and that means the sweet factor has been eliminated from our juices.  Apple season can't start soon enough. 
Naomi

 Saturday we were blessed to have Brian's sister Treesh and her husband Howie here for our Wise Earth Early Fall Spice Grind.  They are here visiting from Texas.  It was a lovely intimate spice grind with the two of them and my associate Leslie.  


Howie & Treesh


Early Fall (Rainy Season) is a time to re-organize.  Time to clear our your closets, send items to goodwill and clear out the congestion in you life.  Making space in a closet will clear out the congestion you may be carrying around in your mind.  The sour taste is dominate at this time of year.  The combination of Earth and Fire qualities creates the sour taste.  So....while we are in the Early Fall season back off on eating to many sour foods (yogurt, fermented foods, soy & pickles).  Balance and moderation in all things!  Avoid sour, bitter and astringent foods.  Heavy, cold, dry are qualities to be avoided.

Leslie
You can balance sour with sweet, salty and pungent tastes.  Produce is at its peak and those are the items that will make your digestive systems the happiest.  Warm, moist, light foods.  Even though it isn't the season to eat sour foods it is a good time to create pickles and other fermented foods to store for the winter.  I know -  who wants to talk about winter?
Plan ahead and get your Canning tools dusted off.  There is nothing more satisfying than seeing beautiful jars full of sweet, sour and spicy fruits and vegetables lining your shelves.  

Blending Demo
Along with making our daily dry Early Fall Spice blend I also demonstrated making a wet Masala.  These are very easy to make and the variations a limitless. 

You'll want to use a Granite mortar & pestle.  You can find them on Amazon.  You need a strong bowl that you can pound in without fear of breaking it.

Wet Masala
1 4" piece of fresh Turmeric (check at your Indian market)
1 4" piece of fresh Ginger
1 whole Garlic
1/2 cup roasted Coriander
4 green chilis or other hot pepper of your choice
Spicy Wet Masala
1 lemon juiced
Water to grind with.

Roast Coriander and set aside to cool

Peel with a spoon the Turmeric and Ginger - cut into chunks
Peel all the Garlic
Cut pepper and remove seeds 
 Put everything into the mortar except seeds.
Start pounding and grinding until everything is smooth adding 
a little water if it's too dry. Then add Coriander and meld together.

To Use:  Put as much Masala as you want into a pan with Ghee or Olive oil.  Be careful it will sputter as it is heated.  Then add veggies and/or pasta and toss to coat.  
 If you have left over Masala you can save it for a few days by putting it into a glass jar and cover it with olive oil.  
Enjoy the spicy heat!!


Blessings to all!
Spicy Masala kisses!
Namaste`
Naomi


No comments:

Post a Comment