Monday, February 18, 2013

A Bonus Day = Lifes Little Gifts!

Marma point Webinar
Living with eyes wide open - living my Bonus Days - I love it when I receive surprises! The following spoke deeply to my heart and soul. "My life depends on engaging the most ordinary physical activities with the most exquisite attention I can give them.  My life depends on ignoring all touted distinctions between the secular and the sacred, the physical and the spiritual, the body and the soul.  What is saving my life now is becoming more fully human, trusting that there is no way to God apart from real life in the real world." ~ Barbara Brown Taylor,
from An Alter in the World: A Geography of Faith   

This amazing quote was a gift from my beautiful friend Anne.  It popped into my mail box at just the right moment. This is what my Bouns Days are about - fully taking in this loving gift with total awareness.  For this I give thanks!

 I've been in a weird place lately.  Unplanned CT this Tuesday has me spinning.  It's at times like this that I truly feel the most "fully human".  I feel very vulnerable and squishy. Time to kick my Thriving mode into Super Sonic Mode! I'm working with my Healing Codes (If you don't have this book - GO GET IT!!). The Healing Code ~ Alexander Loyd, PhD, ND. http://thehealingcodes.com/book/ I need to actively participate in my own process.  The Healing Codes allows me to do just that.  I have the chance to face my own inner heart beliefs and change them.  Here's how it works: change the heart belief - reduces stress - allows bodies inner physician to kick it up a notch! Stress inhibits our immune system and we all have stress.
If I reduce my inner stress, I give my immune system a boost.  So....I've been working my codes, doing my Yoga, breath work and body work.  These are the tools that I use to engage the energetic me

This weekend Brian, Judy and I participated in a Marma for Self Healing Webinar with one of my favorite teachers, Dr. Vasant Lad.  Marma points are vital energy points on the body.  
 These points
Brian meditating before Webinar
work as gateways to the bodies inner intelligence, assisting our systems in it's goal of perfect health and balance.  Dr. Lad is a beautiful funny gifted teacher and we were very lucky that we had the chance to join his global class.  Our lucky clients will be reaping the benefits of our newly inspired information. 

As always I've been playing in the kitchen and today we are having a yummy warm Apple Chutney.  Chutneys are condiments made of a variety of ingredients. They are a tasty addition to any meal. They also are a wonderful way to increase your digestive fire!

Apple Chutney
(Season Autumn & Winter) 
Apple Chutney

2 Tab. Butter/Ghee 
1 Tab. Grated Fresh Ginger
1 Handful dates (cut into small pieces)
1 Handful raisins
2 Apples (chunk & peeled)
1/2 tea. ground Cinnamon
1/2 tea. ground Cardamom
1/4 tea. ground Cloves
1/4 tea. ground Nutmeg
1/4 Cup warm water

Melt Ghee in skillet.  Saute Ginger for a few minutes until a light brown.  Stir in ground spice and dried fruits. Add half of water.  Cover and simmer for a few minutes until raisins 
swell.  Add Apple chunks and continue cooking for five minutes - until Chutney is well melded.  (It also is a personal choice as to how soft you like your Apples to be)
Allow to cool (seriously - you'll want to taste it right away - wait or you'll burn your tongue).
Enjoy!!  The tastes and aroma is heavenly!

Blessing to all!
Warm Chutney kisses!
Namaste`
Naomi
syracusepolarity.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment