Monday, April 8, 2013

Healing with the Sun!

Fred the big boned pony!
 Oh happy days - the sun has returned.  We've all been patiently waiting for that big golden ball to return.  Everyone I've bumped into is sighing with relief.  Our mind, body and spirits are immediately lifted and our energy levels boosted. The sun brings great strength to my days. It burns off the layers of winter crud that I've acquired. Today I was super charged with a Bonus - I was gifted with a Polarity session from Judy and then I gifted myself time in the sun with a good book.  (sigh) I'm getting itchy to plan our garden.  Raised beds this year!
Square foot gardening is the plan - with high fences.  Our deer population has gotten out of control. 

My hips have started to feel better.  The return of the sun has brought a lightness to my step that I haven't felt in a very long time.  This is the season of growth and renewal.  I'm focusing all my energy on how best to maintain the vision of my healing. 

A Bird on a Perch
"Fred the big boned pony" was around most of the weekend. Fred received his name when he moved in next door.  I said he was fat - Brian scolded me "You'll hurt his feeling." From that moment on we've always called him "Big boned."  Our Fred can be very sensitive. Fred lives next door and likes to sneak under the fence.  He likes to groom the grass around Brian's Totem.  He's a real character and we enjoy watching him from our kitchen window.  Most of the time he hangs out with the other big horses.  Now that the grass is starting to green up - he seems to enjoy taunting the other horses with his ability to gain access to our lawn. 



Nonni & Calcedoney

 We spent this past vacation week - hanging out.  Getting things done around the house.  Clearing closets, getting rid of the old and just making space.  Brian and I have developed a nice hiking trail back in the woods.  A daily connection with Nature is a must.  For me it's spiritual nectar.  Brian brings his clippers and we assist the Nature Spirits in clearing up the winter damage. 
 Calcedoney (our granddaughter) joined us one afternoon. Before our walk - we were watching Sponge Bob - and she put stickers all over my face. She is very open about Lola (my stoma) and always makes a point of checking on her.  She'll ask me to lift my shirt and show her that it's still there. Her latest statement floored me......"I want one Nonni.  When do I get mine".  Whoa - all I could do was hug her to hide my tears.  Kids....they'll get you every time!

Spring is sprouting.  I saw some tiny Colts Foot flowers.  Colts Foot, Nettles and Dandelion - the first healing herbs of the season.  Time to activate the cleansing power of Mother Nature's garden.  Before you jump into a full blown cleanse - start with a little smoothie action.  This is a great way to start a gentle cleanse - minus the ugly side effects.  Your body will thank you.  The recipe below is one of my foundation smoothies.  I just rotate the kind of fruits and greens that I use, to give me variety.

Soaking up some rays!

 Green Morning Goodness
1 Green Apple
Papi (Brian) & Calcedoney
1/2 Cup Pineapple Chunks
1 Cup Coconut Water
1 Fistful Romaine 
1 Fistful Kale
1 Cucumber or Zucchini
1 Tab Chia seeds

Wash - put in blender in order listed
Blend away!
Pour into a beautiful glass and enjoy!
Add more fruit if it isn't sweet enough.


 Get outside - take off the sunglasses - leave the sunblock in the house - just soak up those rays!! Embrace each Sunny Bonus Day that comes your way.

Blessing to all!
Sweet Smoothie Kisses!
Namaste`
Naomi













No comments:

Post a Comment