Monday, April 22, 2013

Surviving Grey and Windy Days!

 Yuppers that's me!  I found a new way to get through the manic weather we've been having.  I went wig shopping.  Now calm down - I like my short grey curls -and I plan to wear them with pride - I just wanted some variety back.  So my sweet Hubby took me to the Wig Salon before my Vitamin C infusion last week. This was a double Bonus Day for me - Vitamin C booster/infusion and New Hair!! Girls this is so much fun!  For the first time in my life I'm getting to experience straight hair.  It's fun but also quite a bit of work. Falling in my face when I eat, sticking to my lip gloss when walking in the wind and just plain flying all over the place.  LOL I think I might need a couple of more.......seriously it was just fun to have some hair to shake around.  At the end of the day I just put it in a drawer. Oo-La-La You should see me shake my hair.  

Cheers to the Sun!!  We have hit the wall when it comes to our wacky weather.  The highs and lows, grey cloudy days, barometric pressure shifts and all the wind.  It's enough to make a person crazy.

That's pretty much what has been happening the past few weeks.  Ayuveda/Polarity says that we will mirror our environment.  The weather has been chaotic......how's your head feeling?  The weather has been damp, wet and muddy.....how are your sinus's feeling? The temperature drops and brings a chills to our core.   Until the weather settles down expect to feel out of control.  I haven't know if I was coming or going, and even Brian (the Rock) has been flopping around on the couch.  I don't mean to sound 
like a complaining nut (it's the weather) - this is part of the seasonal cycle that is part of life.  It is a struggle for the plants and tree to awaken from their winter slumber - they will Thrive and waken and we will too. Just know that very shortly it will warm, we will be in the gardens, biking, hiking, paddle-boarding and just having fun.  I find my Yoga as always is my go-to remedy for Thriving through seasonal changes.  It helps me keep my nervous system calm together and in one piece.  

Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
2 Apples - peeled and chopped
1/2 Cucumber
1 Celery 
1 Cup Coconut Water (or plain water)
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
1 Tab Chia seeds or Ground Flax seeds
Bunch of Romaine
1 tea Vietnamese Premium Cinnamon
Put in blender in order listed and blend away.  You might need to add more water or
a couple of ice-cubes depending on how thick you like your smoothie.  **If adding ice-cubes
chase it with a mug of warm/hot water.  This will help to offset the chilling effect of the ice.


Steamed Asparagus & Greens Beans with Wasabi Dressing





This is one of those dishes you'll either love or hate.
I love intense flavors and textures - so this is bliss for me.



 Steamed Asparagus & Green Beans with Cucumber Wasabi Dressing

Clean and trim Green Beans & Asparagus

 Steam 3-5 min until crisp tender.

Cucumber Wasabi Dressing
1/2 Cucumber peeled
1 Cup Vegan Mayo
2-3 tsp. Wasabi Paste
2 Cloves Garlic
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Drizzle or two of Olive Oil
Put all ingredients into blender.  Blend until smooth and creamy.  Add the Wasabi a teaspoon at a time.  Let it sit for 5-10 after each addition of Wasabi.  This give the Wasabi a chance to meld and awaken.  Take your time or it will sneak up on you.  Fresh chives would be great in this (I just didn't have any). 
Drizzle dressing over veggies and enjoy!

Time to dash - Brian and my Dad just pulled in with the cinder blocks for my new "square foot" gardens. This is one of those Bonus moments I need to jump on before the sun goes under a cloud.

Blessings to All!
Spicy Wasabi Kisses!
Namaste`
Naomi
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment