Monday, April 29, 2013

The Guest House - Letting GO of FEAR!! Finding your Sweet Spot!!


Blessing the Garden!
 Today we received the soil for our veggie gardens!  Our friend Al was here to help Brian get everything in order.  I was there to support Mother Earth with a happy dance and a little Yoga!
My assistance was very important (wink wink)!

Gifts and lessons come to me in so many amazing ways.  Last week a dear friend shared the poem below.  I'm always tickled, as a child on Christmas morning, at how our prayers are answered by our Earthly Angels.  Thanks Eileen - your timing was perfect!



Nataraja in the Garden

The Guest House
This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each other honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

     ~Rumi~

Brian & Al prepping the beds!
Beautiful reminders like this - are nourishment for my soul.  We are continuing to make adjustments in our life.  I've been experiencing some weepy/releasing moments while I go through my daily PranayamaFor me, this is an indicator that I'm reaching into new territory. Territory - that will be defined by each new day and each new experience.  Equanimity will come with loving self-acceptance.  Brian greeted my situation with a smile and a hug.  

The fear of returning a Toad/cancer really isn't in the picture anymore. Brian and I discussed this and we both feel I've turned a corner.  Saying that out loud feels really liberating.  A great burden has been removed from my system.  I plan to keep it that way.   Now I'm left with those daily survival fears.......all these reflections take time and energy.  When caught in the middle of a Vata spin, I return to the heart of my education - Polarity and Ayurveda. 

Balancing the borders!
 I recognize that the whipping weather is aggravating my nervous system and makes all my fears larger than they truly are. What fears you may ask: Oh you know the usual - What should I eat? Am I taking the right supplements? Am I doing the right exercises?  Have I covered all my bases?  Will Lola explode in public?  Is a Meteor going to crash into Earth?
  Will Brad and Angelina ever marry?  You know the usual. I've made a decision to make peace with my fears - they will be a welcome guest in my home.  They are the next great teachers I will look to - as I continue to Thrive.  The answers to all my questions and fears will come from self discovery, as I write the rules.  It's time for me to crack open the chamber of my heart completely - only then will I be free to walk in service as my life has been intended.

Find your soft spot - the sweet spot in your heart.  It will be covered over with a layer of fear, trauma and life experiences.  How will you open the door to your guest house?  Polish and nourish that sweet spot - allow it to grow and expand.  Breathe, Move, Dance, Raise your Vibration, Wiggle, Breathe some more and jump into miracle that is You!  Live everyday with the awareness of the abundance of all that you have!!  


Squash & Brussel Sprouts Casserole

Preheat oven 400

1/2 Butternut Squash (peeled and cubed)
Veggie Prep
2 Cups Brussel Sprouts (halved)
2 Granny Smith Apples (peeled and cubed)
1 Cup Button Mushrooms (quartered)
1/2 Cup Walnuts (chopped)
1 Cup Organic Vegetable Broth
3 Tab Garlic/Ginger Paste (see April posting)
 2 Tab Olive oil
salt & pepper


Prep and add Vegetables to Cast Iron Dutch Oven
Warm Olive Oil and Garlic/Ginger paste - add to pot
and toss.
Cover and bake for 55 min or until Squash has softened.
Salt & pepper to taste.
Serve with a salad for a warm comforting meal.

This is a dish that could be easily converted to a crockpot recipe.
Enjoy!!


Squash & Brussel Sprout Casserole




 Open your heart and the doorway to your soul will open too!

Blessing to all!
Warm Squashy kisses!
Namaste`
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment