Monday, August 4, 2014

Bonus Time = A Slower Pace!

Zach, Naomi, Mikhail & Brian Kenealy Celebrating the big day!

Well, we're back.  I needed to take a break from blogging because our home schedule was ramping up with celebrations.  Our youngest son (and junior Sherpa) Mikhail, graduated from High School.  We have many things to celebrate this summer - graduation (with many awards), our Fire Ceremony, lots of summer birthdays and I needed to focus all my attention on those functions.  This is one of those big big huge Bonus moments....at one point not so long ago I wasn't sure if I would be around to see Mikhail complete High School. CHECK...another item of great importance completed.  Gratitude is oozing out of my pores!!





Dr. Vasant Lad
Now Brian & I are getting a re-education on how to slow down.  We haven't learned how to do the whole retirement thing. We spent a week at Ananda Ashram in Monroe New York.  http://www.anandaashram.org  We spent the week studying with one of my favorite Ayurvedic teachers Dr. Vasant Lad, of the Ayurvedic Institute. http://www.ayurveda.com This was Brian's first time studying with Dr. Lad. We sat around like sponges for the week.   We both recognized the need to bring this slow gentle energy back home with us.  We are still in process mode right now, but I have tons of interesting tidbits to share with you.  It is always a blessing to receive gentle reminders of the practices we need at the core of our days.  Time to kick it up a notch kiddies!  Time to dive in and embrace your Sadhana's (practices).  The seasons will be shifting and it's always easier to establish a new routine when the weather is mild. 
Sitting in front of the herb garden at the Ashram
Brian looking over the lake

One of the beautiful things about taking classes at an Ashram is the food.  Everyday we were gifted with gorgeous Ayurvedic feast.  This has motivated me to the point of distraction.  My Vata (airy) side gets spinning, and I have to work hard, to focus that creative energy. I have been working hard in the kitchen and will be bringing you some wonderful healthy recipes.  This week has felt like a moment of much needed space and peace. We hit the Farmers Market and have been eating cleanly and creatively.  
With the Early Fall/Rainy Season drenching us, I thought it would be nice to do a little baking. Today were making Coconut Flour Apple Cinnamon Muffins!

I'm playing with coconut flour right now.  I love Nutiva brand - Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-free and it's a wonderful organic superfood!  Gotta love it.  Easy Easy and very moist!
Enjoy the sweet things in life...

Blessings to All!
Sweet Muffin Kisses!
Namaste`
Naomi


No comments:

Post a Comment