Monday, August 11, 2014

Celebrations!!

Our little garden Buddha!

This weekend was gorgeous, and I had the opportunity to  officiate at a wedding vow renewal.   This young couple hadn't had the traditional wedding celebration because he was in the service and shipping out. Five years of marriage and two children later...they were ready to create a special moment in time. We worked together on their vows and just how they wanted their day to come out.

This day was beautiful and they were surrounded by friends and family.  We had great food, wine and danced the night away.  My heart feels very happy for them and I'm grateful that I had the chance to share this "Bonus Day" with them.  I pray that they have many many more. Love to you both Erin & Pat!  xoxo

I have spent time reflecting on the importance of celebrations.  Everyday that we have is special.  I think it's fantastic that they created their "Bonus Day" now...why wait for the 25-30th wedding anniversary.  "Bonus Days" should be created freely, with love, joy and abandon! Live your days with awareness...paying attention to those amazing moments that pop up. Look for those Kodak moments.  Those seconds when we think "I wish I had my camera to catch this!" Those little angel shivers that hit your spine when something amazing happens.   Your assignment this week is to create a moment of celebration each day!  What does that mean?  What does that mean?

Dance in the garden...take a walk in the early morning with eyes wide open...bake something...send a hand written card to someone (just because)...what would you do if you had a free day off? Do that - do that thing!  

I've been enjoying all the little babies showing up in our veggie garden.  Tomatoes are rapidly ripening.  Todays recipe is Heirloom Tomato Salad with Avocado Cheese Balls.
This is a light yet very satisfying salad.  For the complete recipe go to -

http://naomikenealysbonusdays.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html


Heirloom Tomato Salad with Avocado Cheese Balls
Blessings to All!
Sweet Tomato kisses!
Namaste`
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment